PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION :
The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory
Papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I – General Studies (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic
Geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political
System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues,
• Economic and Social Development-Sustainable
Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social
Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity
and ClimateChange – that do not require subject
• General Science.
Paper II-CSAT (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
• Decision making and problem solving;
• General mental ability;
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of
magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation
(charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)